Tuesday, July 29, 2008

I finally got most (17) of my best of Topeka stories submitted. The other three I haven't submitted yet I had a hard time getting a hold of. One was pizza hut, which I finally called the corporate office media line in Dallas and got a hold of the press relations guy. He is supposed to be emailing me the answers later today. Then for AAA I finally got in contact with the woman who is the head of the region for Kansas, and we did an interview this morning. I'll get that done later today. The other one was for Jeremiah Bullfrog's which won best sports bar and best live music, but they seriously never called me back. Finally one of the servers there called and said that they decided not to participate this year because they are too busy expanding the bar. It's their loss I suppose. Who wouldn't want free advertising?

In other news, my printer is out of ink. grr it's always something.

The professor I went to Germany with back in March nominated me to write the story of our trip in the Washburn's international study abroad newsletter. That is due Friday, so I really have to get started. I also want to start painting this week but I'm not sure I can manage it. I'll probably do it next week.

It's been rainy here today and yesterday. I'm enjoying the cooler weather, but it's so annoying because our backyard gets muddy because of all the trees. The grass has not been able to grow very well back there because of the shade. I love how it's so shady, but Greta goes out there and gets muddy and then tracks it in. So of course I have to wipe her paws everytime she goes outside, but sometimes she still gets mud everywhere. We are planting grass seed this fall, so hopefully next spring it won't be so much of a problem.

Reagan highlighted my hair last night and I love it! It's very subtle, it just adds a bit of dimension. I think the shade was just one lighter than my natural so when it grows out it won't be noticable.

No comments: