Wednesday, July 23, 2008

canceled classes

I got an email last night from the secretary of the Mass Media department telling me one of my classes for the fall--International Media Systems-- had been canceled because of low enrollment. I was looking forward to the class because it is taught by the head of the department, who is also the same professor I went to Germany with last spring, and although she is tough (I had her for a summer class too and we had three 2500 word papers, in a month long class, amongst other things) it would have been a good class. I think this is perhaps the Lord's way of saying I shouldn't be taking 18 hours anyways. I was going to sign up for an advanced feature writing class, but alas I threw the paper with my pin on it away, so I can't register. I guess it's only 15 hours for me this fall.

This isn't the only time a class has been canceled on me. A few years back I was going to take a combat journalism class through the history department which I was REALLY looking forward to, and they canceled that as well. Oh well, it's for the best. If I remember correctly I didn't have a babysitter at that time for Colter, and Brent was in Iraq.

So I've been really busy with the house. I finished my classes at the end of June and have been trying to get a lot of painting and organizing done. The organizing is pretty much finished, but I've only gotten one room painted out of the five I want to finish before school starts. One thing that's put a crimp in my schedule is that my editor with the Capital Journal assigned me 20, yes twenty best of Topeka stories. They are not hard, it's just a matter of getting them done. The money is good, so that's a bonus. They are due on Monday, so after that I will be completely concentrating on painting. I'll get some picture posted after it's all done!

1 comment:

Reagan said...

That sounds awesome. You always have so much going on and it amazes me how you keep it all together!