Monday, May 26, 2008

why I am thankful we are buying a house

Tomorrow we are closing on our house. There are so many things that I am excited about for this new house, which have not been possible in our current living situation. I thought I would put them all down just so I could have a list of why I am so happy to be moving!

1. We are getting rid of the full size bed we've had for 3 and a half years, and we bought a king size! It's getting delivered on Friday! There are just no words to express how much I am grateful that we are upgrading. Brent and I love to cuddle, but sometimes in the middle of the night he lies sideways, and I end up with no room. We will still cuddle, just with more room on either side of us!

2. Greta will have a FENCED yard! No more waiting while she does her thing. Heck, she can even be outside for more than two minutes at a time!

3. No more bird poop on my car! We were fortunate to have a single car garage with the rental house, but my longer-than-a-minivan sedan simply would not fit. So Brent got to use it for his car, while I parked mine under a tree. A two car garage was not even on my must list for a potential house, but I am so glad to have it!

4. I will have a place to read other than my bed or the computer chair. I get to have my own office. Right now the only thing that is going to go in there is my computer desk, Colter's train table (so he can play while I do homework) and a comfy striped blue armchair that was graciously donated by my stepmom. The armchair will go by the window so I can read and be comfortable while doing homework, Bible reading, etc.

5. I can paint the walls!

6. My breadmaker can come out of its box and we can stop buying store bread!

7. I CAN USE MY TREADMILL! It's going to go in the laundry room with all of my other exercise stuff, and I will use it!

8. Brent will have his own space. He has claimed the basement as his own, and although I first was upset about it, I have come to peace about the situation. He is so excited to be able to put up all his sports stuff and have his ping-pong table down there.

9. I am so excited to use the trails that are by our house. I didn't even know that there were trails back there before we looked at this house. They aren't paved, but that's the best kind! There are trees and grass and a stream and that's about all I need!

10. Somehow we ended up with a house that has TWO back decks. How cool! One is off of the kitchen, which is obviously for entertaining and the like. The other is off the master suite and is more suited for reading and quiet relaxation.

I am simply so thankful that we have the opportunity to buy a house, espesially this house, which has more than we were looking for. I pray that I will be good steward of what God has given my family, by taking care of it in the best possible way, using it to minister to fellow Christians and those who need to hear the Gospel, and as a restful home for my family.

On another note, I have class starting at 7:30 in the morning tomorrow. It's a PE class (a requirement for Washburn) and we somehow need a textbook! What the heck is that about? The class is called outdoor activities, and I just hope that we'll actually be spending time outdoors and not making use of that textbook too much!

1 comment:

Reagan said...

Yay, that is going to be so great! I am excited to hang out there :)