Wednesday, May 21, 2008

wow, pathetic

it's been almost a year since I started this and not a single post since then! I'm not really sure why though. =) I've been thinking I need to start writing again. The one thing that initially discouraged me was that I didn't know how to customize the site. I guess I need a tutorial. Anyone up for the job?

Reagan tagged me to write seven facts about myself, so here goes.

1. I just finished debating with some Jehovah's Witnesses who stopped by. It was fun. I don't think they encounter very many people who are familiar with the Bible's teaching and can tell them they're wrong. I asked them to convert me, and hurry cause I had a pretend knife in my chest and I was about to die. They couldn't do it. They said they didn't know if that was possible. Yeah right! Repentance and trust in the Savior! It's very simple!

2. After I have my toenails painted, they always always always get messed up before they dry. It's just the way it is. I have come to accept it.

3. I really love my job. It's not my career, but it's nice that I can do something while working towards my career that I actually enjoy. Waitressing at Texas Roadhouse is it.

4. I have been stressed out the past couple of days because we are closing and moving into our house next week. It is scary because it is something new and I hope that we are being responsible and making a wise decision with our money. But I just have to trust that God is in control and everything will work for his Glory.

5. It was a rough winter. I've gained 10 lbs since we moved up from Texas. It is a combination of it being a cold winter, not liking our current neighborhood, and not having a reliable work out schedule. When we lived in Texas, I was extremely active, going to Jazzercise, swimming laps in the afternoon, and taking an hour long walk at night. I am looking forward to making a new routine and getting back into shape after we move!

6. I drink water more than any other beverage.

7. Today Brent and I have been married for four years! We are celebrating tonight by grabbing some dinner and then going to the midnight showing of Indiana Jones. Colter is staying the night at Grandma Sweet T's house!

3 comments:

Reagan said...

Wow that 1st one was hilarious! I have never talked to jehovah's witnesses but that's a good one i'll have to remember. "I have a knife in my chest, convert me before I die" lol.

It is VERY true about your toenails getting messed up before they dry - it's such a strange thing and has been frustrating for me in the past when I have painted your toenails!! you need to learn to sit still and not move your toes!

Congratulations on making it four years :) Happy anniversary!

MagenRanae said...

Your sister Reagan posted about your blog on her blog!

I'm trying to get into the blogging thing myself, it can be hard sometimes! Hope you enjoy it!

Jessie said...

great job with the JW's.
Happy Anniversary!!