Tuesday, May 27, 2008

we are homeowners!

Last night I got an email from my PE teacher saying be there at 7:30 am sharp! So I race to class this morning because I always leave later than I should. Somehow, he wasn't there yet, and he didn't show up for like ten more minutes! It was quite the interesting contradiction, but I would rather have him be late than me be late!

The class is called "outdoor activities" and I really didn't want to guess what that would include. But I couldn't be happier. We'll be hiking, biking, kayaking, and canoeing. We will have some written work but that's all out of class, and it should be pretty simple. I'm really looking forward to the class!

My other two classes are online. One is for my major--Women and Media. The other is a Washburn. requirement--English 300. So I am going to be busy for the month of June! But it will be fun.

The closing went relatively smoothly. Our payment is somehow going to be ten dollars a month more than they said it was going to be, but it should go down at the end of the year because of taxes. I am a little bit irritated because I had our budget planned to the dollar with our house payment, so I'll have to adjust it now.

But other than that all we have to do now is move! I pick up the moving truck tomorrow (that's right, I am going to drive it!) and then we start loading up in preparation for possession on Thursday.

1 comment:

Reagan said...

you know, i think you generally end up paying more than they tell you for housing/closing costs....we had to pay an extra $750 at our closing on a whim...it was interesting.